Wednesday, September 22, 2010

LIZZY ANJORINS NTAVIEW

Talk about one of the most sought after Nigerian actress and this sexy diva will come to play. Haven commenced acting some few years back with notable movies to her credit, Lizzy has continued to get bigger and better. The graduate of transport management from the Olabisi Onabanjo University has featured in over 50 movies and still counting. In this interview with Sunkanmi Ogunade, she reveals the challenges and how she has survived.
The industry is full of caucus, how have you survived?
Well, it’s very simple. When you get to Rome, act as if you are in Rome. The caucus thing is killing a whole lot of talents but if you want to do your thing and make it real, you have to obey the rules and follow orders. I joined the Abeokuta caucus simply because, it was closer to Ago iwoye and the Abeokuta group was relaxed and less competitive. The industry is getting bigger by the day and the strong ones are getting stronger. I have succeeded in carving a niche for myself and I must say that it’s working for me. The caucus thing has become a compulsory thing for anybody that wants to survive in the industry.
You look beautiful and healthy, what is your secret?
Laughs, Nothing o! I just eat well and do what I am supposed to do at the right time. It’s simply the evidence of good living. I give glory to God in heaven for this.
You commenced your acting career some years back and during the short time, you have grown so mighty, explain this?
I commenced acting nine years ago and it was through a friend of mine Seyi Ariyo (she baby), I followed her to a location and before I knew it, the whole thing started. I cannot explain it myself but I must say that God has been very good to me. It was very rough when I started especially from school. I was still in school then and the stress of juggling between school and lectures was not an easy thing at all. I have become so big like you said simply because I stepped up my game. I decided to feature more in movies and it’s really helping.  The industry is not for kids or lazy dreamers. It’s simply for the strong and bold. But to crown it all, the lord in heaven has been very good to me.
You launched a movie of yours last year ‘GOLD’, why the name Gold?
Well, as we all know, Gold means anything precious and human beings tend to appreciate Gold anytime. Women are Gold and should be respected appropriately. It concentrates more on the feminine gender, they are not supposed to be treated like animals, they should be respected and adored .The film recorded a huge success. I have new projects coming up and anytime from now, I should be releasing another film into the market.
How were you received when you emerged?
I was received well. I am talented and very respectful; I paid my dues and followed the rules. When I commenced, it was easy and beautiful but rough at the same time.
You look beautiful and healthy, what is your secret?
Laughs, Nothing o! I just eat well and do what I am supposed to do at the right time. It’s simply the evidence of good living. I give glory to God in heaven for this
How was life on campus?
(Smiles), I had so much fun while I was in OOU. I was active in everything; I was a politician, activist and even social ambassador, (laughs). It was real fun for me. I can practically say that I did not miss out on anything while on campus. I experienced the good and bad side of everything.
Educational Background
I attended ijaiye ojokoro primary school; my secondary school was at Grace high school iyana ipaja. After my secondary school, I gained admission into the federal polytechnic ilaro where I had my national diploma in banking and finance which I used to cross over to Olabisi Onabanjo University to study transport management.
How have you been coping with stardom?
It has been demanding though but it’s really cool. I am more careful with the way I handle things, the way I dress and the rest of them. In this game a lot of people see me as a role model and I always try my best as much as possible not to let them down.  As an actress, people call you on phone every time, see you on the road and greet you well, the rule of the Game is always smile. I have to make them happy by responding perfectly even when my mood is bad.
How comfortable is Lizzy?
I pay my bills, I don’t beg or complain. But you know naturally as human, I want to make more fortune for myself. Even as an actress, I am still into business. I have always been in business since my childhood days, now combining business with acting gives me an edge financially.
Challenges
A lot of people criticised me when I commenced but I give glory to God in heaven for making me great. It was not easy when I started the whole thing. My mates in school will not write attendance for me, I missed lectures well but I balanced it up at the end of the day. The industry was not friendly when I started acting but along the line, they accepted me for who I am.
Have you been sexually harassed before?
NO!
Where do you see yourself in the next 5years?
Nobody knows tomorrow, it is only God that can determine what will happen tomorrow. I just pray that God would preserve my life to do greater things.
When are you tying the knots?
Ah!! Laughs, I am getting married yet o! I am not rushing, I am taking my time carefully and you know that marriage is not something you rush into. If you rush in, you would definitely rush out.
Some people believe the Yoruba film industry is local, how do you view that?
That is a very funny talk, what is local? We are projecting the core values of our fatherland and somebody is saying its local! It’s just not it. There is nothing local in it; it’s as straight forward as anything. If you look at it again, we are natural and that is how it is meant to be. Nobody is emphasizing on fiction here, we bring out the hidden secrets of life and it has boosted a lot of people morale and confidence. Research on this yourself and you would discover that 85% of our movies are true life stories. We act what happens around us every day. Watch more and you would learn more.
What is your own view about life in general?
Life is not a bed of roses. You have to fight your way to the top. It’s so funny that when you are nobody, there is trouble, when you become somebody, there is trouble. It just a very funny world and you just have to accept it like that, you have to keep up the pace simply because time waits for nobody. It’s full of struggle from the inception to the end. Life is philosophical. Do your own and exit.
Philosophy of life
Life is all about give and take, life is about challenges, life is very unpredictable, it’s a give and take thing, you never know what you are going to get, you’ll never appreciate what you have until it’s gone, so use your youth well, use your brain to do the best you can do and be the best you can be while you have the chance.

How do you relax?
I just sit in my house, watch movies and most of the times hang out with my friends. It’s just like that. I love to enjoy my free hours well; I also sleep to regain my natural vitality. (Laughs)

Which of your assets do you value the most?
I value my wonderful lips and my firm boobs.  I always give God the glory when I look at myself in the mirror.

Fashion and the industry
Fashion is in your mind, fashion is expressing yourself. I try my possible best to dress well. The industry has improved in the fashion way. People dress well to events and even when you watch our movies, you will come to discover that, the dressing sense has changed. People have become very conscious of what they look like and i must say that it has helped the industry a lot.
















No comments:

Post a Comment