Wednesday, September 22, 2010

AREMU AFOLAYANS NTAVIEW.

GOOD LOOKS AND BRAINS GOES A LONG WAY TO SELL A BRAND IN THE MOVIE INDUSTRY TODAY.  A PRACTICAL EXAMPLE IS AREMU AFOLAYAN.  AREMU WHO COMMENCED ACTING SOME YEARS AGO HAS BECOME ONE OF THE BEST NOLLYWOOD ACTORS WE HAVE IN THE COUNTRY TODAY. WITH SWAGGERS AND CAPTIVATING ATTITUDE, AREMU HAS CONTINUED TO MAKE IMPACTFUL STATEMENT IN THE INDUSTRY TODAY. IN THIS INTERVIEW WITH SUNKANMI OGUNADE OF THE NIGERIAN COMPASS, AREMU REVEALS PLANS FOR THE FUTURE AND HOW HE HOPES TO RULE THE INDUSTRY WITH HIS GOD GIVEN TALENT AND RARE CHARISMA.
AN UNKNOWN FAN GAVE ME .7MILLION.

You took the industry by shock and you are still ruling, how have you been doing it?
It has been God and I must say that God has been good to me. I started by featuring in a movie that was produced by the popular Bob guy. After that, I ventured into modelling and did a lot of jobs and after that commenced my acting and ever since then, I have been making myself happy and all glory be to God in heaven who has always preserved my life to this present stage. It has been so tough but I have paved my way through and I have succeeded in creating a niche for myself which has been working for me massively. In this industry, you make a lot of sacrifices as an upcoming act but once you are there, no devil can bring you down. My brother has been doing jinx breaking movies which has alerted the world about the emergence of fantastic movie makers in Nigeria. I started like everybody and I am there today doing what I know how to do best. I have come to stay like I always tell my colleagues.
You have a very fantastic physique, has this been helping you in the industry?
When it comes to the make believe world, it has to do with your charisma and physique. Of course it has been helping me and till I attain an old age, it will still continue to work for me. Your physique will speak for you if you want it to. It depends on the carriage, I endeavour to carry myself well to make myself happy, and I don’t do things to satisfy anybody, in satisfy myself. I get good jobs because of my physique and good acting skills. When I was commenced modelling back then, I got a lot of jobs due to my wonderful face and good body physique. It is also very demanding to keep the good physique because, it demands a lot of exercise and you will also watch what you take in. It has been working for me and I thank God in heaven for the good physique.
You happen to be a very fluent Yoruba speaker; did you live with your Grand ma?
No, I lived with my mum. It is form God in heaven. Everything I do right now is just from God. All my life has just been God. Most times when I look at myself, I just laugh it out loud. I just try my possible best to speak my mother tongue, at the same time do what is recommended of me at the right time. God has been so good to me and his mercies endure forever. It’s a talent from God and I thank him for that.
What role has your brother played in your emergence as a movie star?
What do you expect me to say? He has been actively involved in my journey so far. He is my blood brother and has always been there for me. We hangout well and we do what is right at the given time. I have paved my way myself but at the same time, he has been involved.
When you emerged, how were you received?
I was received with force. Most people were acting as if I was welcome but deep inside them, no iota of like talk less of love. There is nothing anybody can do to that. You cannot disturb me from achieving what I want to achieve. You can only grumble, I have come to stay and to stay, I have come. When I look at this industry, we are all good thespians and can pretend to be what we are not.  I got into the industry and many believed that i was using my fathers platform but I have come to let them know that, I am myself and not my father. I have succeeded in creating the Niche myself and it has been worth it.
Let us into your educational bar ground?
I attended a nursery and primary school, secondary school and also my university education but did not finish at all. I will definitely further my education and acquire the necessary degree which I need. Life is sweet if you know what it demands from you and how to give it back. Its so simple and straight forward but most times, our endeavours proves abortive and we always feel like backing out, we should always know what we want at a particular time. I will further my education and my in the end register in a film school in UK to spice up my horizon.
You are very stylish and expensive, does that mean you don’t wear bend down select?
I don’t wear such stuffs. I buy good clothes and make sure i don’t lack anything. I am a brand and I should always protect the brand with all I have. I have never worn bend down select before and I don’t pray to wear it. I am not saying putting on BDS attires is wrong; I am only talking from my own perspective, I don’t wear such. I spend my money on good clothe materials my brother. I have a brand to protect.
We hear stories that you sleep with older women, how is that true?
I have developed a thick skin towards such stories. Journalists have a very stupid way of painting you up, what kind of rubbish is that? I don’t react to such gists again. I am a well bred and fantastic bloke, I don’t do dirty stuffs. I don’t sleep with older women. I beg my fans to ignore such stories and keep praying for me. I will go places and before you know it, you will hear gist that I slept with Obama’s wife. Ask your next question brother, I no dey like such stories at all.
We also heard that you had a sex affair with the popular screen goddess Fathia Balogun, is that true?
Can you imagine that kind of story? Where did you hear that from, Fathia is like a sister to me. That is pure rubbish. I did not do such.
Why are you always involved in sex scandal stories?
What do you expect? I am a very handsome and fresh bloke. They should just keep talking while I keep making good money. I don’t know why they love involving me in such stories. That is their headache, not mine.
When are you tying the knots?
I should be doing that but definitely not now. I am still very beautiful bachelor. I love my life bro, I give God all the thanks.
Rate the film industry?
The film industry is getting bigger everyday my brother. People are thinking everyday and it’s getting bigger and bigger. More competitions and you just have to brush up yourself to remain in the system. Wonderful blokes like my brother are producing world class movies and that is putting Nigeria on the world map for originality. I will give the industry 9/10. I am very happy to be part of the industry.
What are you working on now?
I have a project that I am currently working on and it’s a project that worth 50million naira. I don’t plan to market the movie the normal way. It’s going to be in another dimension. I am going to make back my money and I will give God all the glory in the end.
Do you plan on working with any foreign actor in your coming project?
I will be doing that on a very big scale. I have already completed plans with one of the most versatile and stylish directors the world has ever produced. It’s going to be the bomb. Nigeria/ Africa have never seen anything like that before. Keep your fingers crossed.
How have you been coping with your matured female fans?
I am grateful for their support. They are the best thing that has ever happened to me. They have been assisting Aremu Afolayan in all ways and I am happy for that. God will continue to bless them. Continue praying for me and I promise never to let them down.
Are you saying they have been excessively wonderful to you; and in what way if i may ask?
They have been so good in all areas. Most of this matured mamas send me good money and most of them are not based in this country. When a stranger sends an amount close to 700 thousand naira to your account and you as a person have not had a personal contact with the person, is that not beautiful and human enough?  I don’t know what to say but all I will say is that, they should keep watching my movies. I love them so much. ‘Ese Gan Ni’.
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I see myself doing wonderful things. Having my own film academy where I will give back to the world in my own way. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and pray to God for a bright future ahead.

Advice for the coming generation?
Be yourself and don’t let anybody bring you down.
How do you unwind?
I watch movies and sleep well. I love watching movies.
Any role model?
That’s my late dad. I love and respect him so much. He was an ‘AKOGUN’. He was excessively fearless and talented to the blood. I respect him so much.








No comments:

Post a Comment